Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pursing The Glory of God

My spring semester is ending Wednesday, May 19, 2010 and that is tomorrow. As far as school goes, my work disciplines could have been more focused at the tasks that were at hand. I'm not even sure if I'm passing some of my classes. I kept making sinful excuses to not put my best foot forward in my homework and classwork. But God revealed to me my weakness in my studies and has disciplined me in this aspect of my life.

Jonathan Edwards main goal was to glorify God. All of his resolutions were to keep him fixed on the glory of God. This goal of Jonathan Edwards should also be the main goal of a true believing Christian. Yet for us, we see this as a very difficult goal because of our sin. "Edwards realized that living for the glory of God could never be easy." From Steve Lawson's book, The Unwavering Resolved of Jonathan Edwards. But knowing God is more powerful then any sin, Jonathan Edwards pushed and worked hard to fight the sin in his life with his zeal to live to the glory of God. This was reflective from his resolutions.

This pursuit of God glory in my life has been a weak pursuit. I have been so selfish in my studies, so lazy in my ministries, that I can't even call it a pursuit. I should have know that this pursuit is suppose to be hard. This is fighting sin, this is working hard at all that I do. May this conviction push me more towards Christ likeness and towards the Glory of God.
As summer comes along my New Years Resolution has come to a point where it could be vanishing.

May this realization of God Glory become an eternal boost in my spiritual disciplines, and bring to life my New Year's resolution. I also challenge you who read my blog, to live out this amazing calling of pursuing the Glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment