Friday, March 5, 2010

Shepherd's Conference

It's 4:30am. I woke up at 3:30am because I couldn't sleep. My excitement kept me from sleeping for 3 more hours. Today I am going to Shepherd's Conference with Mark P. at his school and basically drowning ourselves in the Word of God for the whole day. This is why I'm excited; "drowning ourselves in the Word of God".

Last night I had to pray that my mind will absorb every single Word spoken today. That I become a sponge to all the love, fellowship, joy, endurance, faith, worship, soaking in all the preaching, teaching, praying, singing and anything I missed out. I want to receive sanctifying material at Shepherd's Conference. In my state, I know this is difficult for I am of sin and satan will try to prevent me from hearing anything, whether through the flesh, or through the mind. My own self will probably feel sleepy or hungry or thirsty.

But, thanks to God, my craving for Him is more powerful then any powers of hell or schemes of man. I stand in the sovereignty of God for I know that he will keep me because of what His Son, Jesus Christ, did on the cross.

I was able to get a taste of what Shepherds Conference is like on Wednesday. The message was so good that I made want to skip school on Thursday. But God brought me back to reality by reminding me of the ministries He placed me in which is Choir.
The Scriptures lesson for that day was 2 Corinthians 5:11-17. Pastor John MacArthur taught "5 Reason to Defend your Integrity":

1. Reverence for the Lord
2. Concern for the Church
3. Devotion to the Truth
4. Gratitude for Saving Love
5. Predestination in the Death of Christ

I was strengthened by this message to protect those I love in Christ and to not be ashamed of the gospel and to defend the faith. I pray today that I will continue to grow in the Lord and that Shepherd's Conference will be a blessing to my life. May I apply everything I hear into my life and become a doer of Gods Word, In the name of our Holy Savior, Christ Jesus, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment