Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dependent Theology



As an architectural student in the 21st century, drafting with a pencil and paper is no longer the main tools used to express our work; computer is. I spend all of my time on the computer, moving my mouse to make a line instead of striking a paper with a pencil. I input all my thoughts with clicks on the keyboard; l for line, c for circle, co for copy, di for distance. These are my tools. Using a computer make the architect very quick and efficient, but once you are dependent on it, you will lose so much knowledge of the original techniques. Don't get me wrong, I love working on the computer but if I don't know how to do it on paper, I am losing knowledge then gaining knowledge. Theology is a tool to understand the understandable aspects of God. But theology has to be processed through scripture for it to be considered a tool.

Theology is the study of God. People have many ideas, thoughts, books, and drawings of Him but where are they being derived from? People need to know that to know God is to know His Word. The foundation of theology is the Holy Bible. As Christians, we must base all our theology on the Word of God,and the Work of the Cross. If my theology is not based on these, then its no long theology, it is heresy. If my theology has no connection with scripture, then what's the point of getting into theology?

To keep your theology strong and proper, you must always keep aligned and depend on the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment