Friday, August 14, 2009

Night Journey

I feared my greatest desire, to proclaim the Gospel to my loved ones and to the world. This I know is what my King wants; for people to know of my righteous King, Jesus Christ and to know of His good works.(Matthew 28:19-20) So I asked a brother of Christ to help me in this matter. He gave a simple yet effective example on how to evangelize to the world.

First, to share the Gospel you have to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and be reborn by faith in Him, not by your works. For all are sinners and all need a Savior to be saved by the Wraith of God. Second, you must repent of those sins to God so that you may be forgiven. As you continue to do this in your life, you must sanctify yourself with His Word and through the Holy Spirit. Then basically as you evangelize, this is what you must share with those who you are evangelizing to; Share the Gospel, and reveal to them their sins so they may repent and be saved. Notice that you have to understand your sinfulness before you share to others of their sinfulness.

This was a wonderful lesson, even though it was just out of a conversation. As the night went on I was with my cousins and my sister. We went over to my cousins house to enjoy the rest of the night with them. From there, I felt that I compromised myself from following my King. For it was late and I should have been sleeping, and I was in a worldly household. Nothing bad really happened but as I got home I failed to follow my King.
Praise God that I was able to speak to one of my cousins who I have been sharing the Gospel to. I am so blessed to see my cousin grow in Christ and to have a biblical understanding of the Gospel.

Once I got home, I failed to share the Gospel to myself. I ended up committing a certain sin that I have been struggling with; impurity. This is why I started this blog, that I may be remind to share the Gospel to the World and also to myself. For ALL are sinners and fall short of the glory of God. I pray that this confession my convict myself and maybe other who are reading this. I pray that this blog will continue to glorify my Lord.

Lead On, Oh King Eternal, even through dark nigthts

No comments:

Post a Comment