Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bem Blogs 'bout Bday

August 23rd is the day of my birthday.  Facebook messages started to come in the day before from friends and family in the Philippines.  As those messages would come, I wondered, "What is a good way to respond?"  Usually I don't think of birthdays so much (due to the bad macho and forgetful mentality that I have developed concerning it) but with my new found life in Christ I have a greater appreciation of it.  So I thought that it would be nice to "Blog 'Bout Bdays". 

When one thinks of their birthday, the first thing that comes to mind is another year of life.  This past year was one of the most challenging ones now that I think about it.  I applied, enrolled, enduring and enjoying  the Master's College.  My sister and I began to worship with SBCAC.  I started to work for the first time with graveyard hours.  I got to go to Philippines for a missions trip.  God has surely blessed me with experiences but none these are worth the experience if God was not the center.  All of these things have come to have eternal value because I know that these blessed experience came from Him, through Him and to Him.

So I am very thankful to the Lord for giving me another year of life.  If I am still on this earth, then He still has plans for me to proclaim Jesus Christ so that sinners would be forgiven and enjoy reconciliation with the Father.  I pray that all would have birthdays in which they can celebrate with our God which can only come through Jesus Christ.  So I hope that this blog is a blessing to those who read it. 

P.S  I know that there are others celebrating their birthdays on this week and so I would like to greet them a Happy Birthday:

Ben
Sabrina
Kevin
Joben
Kuya Yoyie
Allen
Skae

Enjoy another year.  Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment